Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Penny's litter has come to fruition!


Finally after much teat draggin', our little Penny has had 7 healthy piglets! Why do I not have batteries for my camera? I am an impossible battery buyer! But I will try to get some.

The turkey lurkies are getting 'uge and about 1/2 are still looking for a place to spend the holidays. I will be excited when they go...they are messy creatures and the shade of our human stoop, of which we pass daily...unfortunatly are passing something there all day also. I do love the sound them. They are beginning to get their "Gobbles" on and often reply to mine; I can't help but hope I am teaching them proper pronunciation.

Poulet Rouge are doing great under their lights in the coop. I feel bad that they are sharing the Indian Runner ducklings...it's amazing what a mess 8 little 4 inch ducklings can do! But the chicks are already feeling weighty...

No comments:

Post a Comment